    is offending?

    Thanks,
    p.

    Paul_B, Dec 9, 2006

  2. Paul_B

    Paul_B Guest

    I think I got my answer. CPU column shows 98 for setup.exe. I
    guess that's percent of cpu being used by that process. Now if I
    could only kill the darn thing. Not responding to the normal
    tactics.

    p.

    Paul_B, Dec 9, 2006

  3. Paul_B

    ellis_jay Guest

    http://www.processlibrary.com/directory?files=setup.exe

    http://www.castlecops.com/StartupList.html

    http://startup.networktechs.com/search.php

    This below sees every autostart:

    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=asviewer

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, Dec 10, 2006
  4. Paul_B

    Paul_B Guest

    Paul_B, Dec 10, 2006
  5. Paul_B

    Paul_B Guest

    I know exactly what program it was.

    Paul_B, Dec 11, 2006
  6. Paul_B

    ellis_jay Guest

    Logic would tell me that if you don't know what program it is then it would
    seem that it is a program that starts when booting, right? Task manager
    will tell you in terms of kb what is hogging resources. You use Norton? Or
    McAfee? Do you have some update that now is defaulted to operate-scan or
    something- when booting or possibly has set its own schedule?

    www.winpatrol.com

    Another tool at Winpatrol is Scotty the watchdog.

    ellis_jay, Dec 11, 2006
  7. Paul_B

    ellis_jay Guest

    Just curious, what was the culprit?