    CPU model and Mhz speed, if Cisco posts that information anywhere.

    Thanks!
    Bob

    Rob, Jan 6, 2006

  2. Rob

    Merv Guest

    Merv, Jan 6, 2006

  3. Rob

    stephen Guest

    doesnt have CPU type, but thruput is at:
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

    stephen, Jan 6, 2006
  4. Rob

    Rob Guest

    That'll help. Thanks.

    Rob, Jan 6, 2006
  5. Rob

    anybody43 Guest

    Maybe you know all about this and I am
    heading the wrong way however:-

    Are you doing crypto? Looking at the miserable performance
    I guess that you must be. (Unless that M bytes, or you are
    using tiny packets I guess)

    Quite a few of the new small routers come with crypto hardware
    (and software at least for some) built in. If this hardware supports
    pptp crypto then this will help _a lot_.

    837, 877, 1800 (I think).

    There are also crypto add on cards for some platforms.

    Sorry I don't know details off the top of my head and
    maybe PPTP crypto is not supported on them or something.

    In one IPSEC crypto installation that I have with an 837 at
    one end and a 2611XM at the other the 837 has less than
    half the CPU utilisation of the 2611XM.

    anybody43, Jan 6, 2006
  6. Rob

    gray.wizard Guest

    I do know that the 830, 850 and 870 series all have crypto hardware. I
    cannot speak for any other model. Sorry.

    gray.wizard, Jan 8, 2006
  7. Rob

    Rob Guest

    IPSEC and Crypto is different than GRE/PPTP. It's all done in
    software.

    Rob, Jan 9, 2006