    heat is usually around 85-90 degrees F, and the CPU runs between 105
    and 115 F. the emergency shut off is at 185F.

    At what temp should I start to worry?

    PowerPost2000, Dec 21, 2003

  2. PowerPost2000

    Stevecam Guest

    When your ceiling tiles start to melt and drop molten plastic on your
    keyboard...

    Stevecam, Dec 21, 2003

  3. PowerPost2000

    Liz Guest

    The average CPU temperature in idle state is below 50 C (122 F);
    167 degrees F while heavy loading.

    Is the CPU temperature too high
    http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/faq/qa/2003/2003052801.htm

    Liz, Dec 21, 2003
  4. PowerPost2000

    Graham Guest

    50C would be ok for idle as long as it stayed under 60C at full load. The
    key is consistently - It doesnt matter if your CPU is at 55C as long as it
    would stay there if you left it on forever - this depends on reducing the
    quantity of hot air in the case.

    Graham, Dec 21, 2003
  5. It was on Sun, 21 Dec 2003 18:50:52 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    Hmm..I was thinking along the lines of eggs frying on the casing....

    William Poaster, Dec 22, 2003