CPU convertors

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Serial # 19781010, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. howdy .... newb question for ya .

    I have a socket 370 mobo and I have a P3 500 cpu for it but I also
    have a spare Slot 1 P3 800 cpu in my pile-o-stuff . The board will
    take up to a P3 1 GHz

    I have googled , but have only come up with converters for the other
    way around ... Slot 1 ---> Socket 370 (Slotket)

    Is there such a thing as a Socket 370 mainboard converter so I can
    use the Slot 1 cpu ?

    thanx all
    Serial # 19781010, Feb 6, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  2. Serial # 19781010

    Harrison Guest

    Yes. Or at least there used to be such a thing.
    Now all you have to do is find one.
    Harrison, Feb 6, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  3. Serial # 19781010

    ICee Guest

    There are adaptors that will accept a socket 370 CPU and allow it to
    plug into a slot 1 motherboard. There are no adaptors the other way
    around, AFAIK.
    Don't know if they're made anymore, but I have an old system that is
    using a socket 370 to slot 1 adaptor still. Here's info on that
    ICee, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Serial # 19781010

    Ionizer Guest

    OT: What is the actual significance or origin of your (widely-used) 'nym
    "Serial # 19781010 ?"

    Ionizer, Feb 6, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.