    Is there such a thing as a Socket 370 mainboard converter so I can
    use the Slot 1 cpu ?

    thanx all

    Serial # 19781010, Feb 6, 2004

  2. Serial # 19781010

    Harrison Guest

    Yes. Or at least there used to be such a thing.
    Now all you have to do is find one.
    http://www.aaronix.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/126

    Harrison, Feb 6, 2004

  3. Serial # 19781010

    ICee Guest

    There are adaptors that will accept a socket 370 CPU and allow it to
    plug into a slot 1 motherboard. There are no adaptors the other way
    around, AFAIK.
    Don't know if they're made anymore, but I have an old system that is
    using a socket 370 to slot 1 adaptor still. Here's info on that
    adaptor:
    http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1140

    ICee, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Serial # 19781010

    Ionizer Guest

    OT: What is the actual significance or origin of your (widely-used) 'nym
    "Serial # 19781010 ?"

    Thanks,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Feb 6, 2004