    Other usage seems to be as expected but would appreciate any pointers
    re the CS traffic count

    El

    Lukagain, Nov 30, 2004

  2. that sounds about right... I used to max(downstream) the 128k connection
    playing CS back in the 1.3 days... and I'd be mighty surprised if it has
    got "lighter" in traffic usage.

    that was ~1MByte/min so 180Mbytes in three hours... no idea what it did
    uploading, never checked.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 30, 2004

  3. Lukagain

    Lukagain Guest

    Thanks for that Dave. Wondering now whether his more recent games &
    HL2 will similarly threaten our traffic allowance (Capped at 10megs,
    then reduced to 64kbps) Whadyareckon ?

    El.

    Lukagain, Nov 30, 2004
  4. well I have played CS source, but not HL2(same engine), and it seemed to
    use ~1.2MB per min, so not a lot more that CS, but I wouldn't think that
    it would threaten the 10GB cap... I know that I never came close to it,
    but then again that was prior to p2p taking off in a big way.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 30, 2004