    two or more related points. I could express that more rigorously but
    it would take too long.

    Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens, Jun 8, 2009

  2. aniramca

    Bob Larter Guest

    'Johhny Mnemonic'

    Bob Larter, Jun 9, 2009

  3. aniramca

    Huge Guest

    Johnny Mnemonic.

    It's a short story by William Gibson, and a terrible movie.

    Huge, Jun 9, 2009
  4. aniramca

    daveFaktor Guest

    Didn't he suffer from data overload if he didn't dump it within a
    certain time?

    daveFaktor, Jun 9, 2009
  5. aniramca

    Huge Guest

    That's the one. But the quantities of data were laughable and Gibson tried
    to get all the elements from virtually every short story he'd written into
    it and essentially ruined the screenplay. Great pity, since he's one of
    the best SF writers of all time.

    Huge, Jun 9, 2009
  6. aniramca

    Bob Larter Guest

    You're not kidding. I loved the story, but I switched off the movie
    about 10 minutes in. Man, it was total crap.

    Bob Larter, Jun 9, 2009
  7. aniramca

    Rob Morley Guest

    I have an assistant for that sort of thing - I just say "that stuff I
    can never remember the name of" or "thingy from that thing" and she
    uses some weird psychic power to find the words for me. I believe you
    can get dolphins that do the same sort of thing but require less
    maintenance.

    Rob Morley, Jun 9, 2009
  8. aniramca

    Eric Stevens Guest

    Why should I use the definition of 'interpolation' to obfuscate an
    argument when all I have to is let you expound on the subject? :)

    Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens, Jun 9, 2009
  9. aniramca

    Bob Larter Guest

    LOL.

    Bob Larter, Jun 10, 2009
  10. aniramca

    John Turco Guest

    Hello, Chris:

    I was simply reacting to your use of "dingbat," by mentioning other
    favorite phrases of "Archie Bunker." He was the main character, played
    by Carroll O'Connor (1924-2001), of the U.S. television situation comedy
    series, "All In The Family" (1971-1979, CBS).

    Quoting such "Bunkerisms" used to be quite popular, once upon a time.

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jun 11, 2009
  11. aniramca

    John Turco Guest

    Hello, Dave:

    Don't speak, too soon. After all, there may yet be a "digital back," compatible
    with the Pentax K1000. Highly unlikely, perhaps, but not entirely impossible.

    Yeah...it's only 99.9999999999999% impossible! <g>

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jun 11, 2009
  12. aniramca

    Paul Furman Guest

    'bonny moronic'

    er... nevermind :)

    Paul Furman, Jun 14, 2009
  13. aniramca

    John Turco Guest

    Hello, AC:

    You're right, it seems! Damn it, I'm so rarely fooled, by such "sock
    puppets." ;-)

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jun 14, 2009