Could THIS be the problem with TeraNews?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Wereo_SUPREME, Jan 19, 2007.

  1. I just checked the TeraNews website and apparently there has been a
    disruption in service albeit it doesn't say anything about today,
    Thursday.

    Does anyone have any idea if TeraNews is back up or is this just
    something happening with my individual account? Systemwide or just my
    TeraNews Account?

    Here's what currently reads on the TerNews website:

    Tuesday, 16 January 2007
    alt server offline
    We're going to take the alt server offline for the next couple hours.

    TeraNews Staff @ 15:30 PM

    Monday, 15 January 2007
    alt server backlogged
    The alt server is currently processing a backlog of headers. It will
    take about 24 hours for it to catch up at the current rate. Note this
    only effects headers. Downloading articles by message-id (NZB files)
    will not be effected. As always you can use one of the other server
    (news. unlimited, etc) during this period.

    TeraNews Staff @ 14:45 PM

    Wereo_SUPREME, Jan 19, 2007

  2. Wereo_SUPREME

    Tester Guest

    The free server (Well, I paid US$4 about 2 years ago) is working fine.
    If you have access to the alt server can't you temporarily use
    another?

    Tester, Jan 19, 2007

  3. The thing is down again. Can you tell me how to access the alt server?

    Wereo_SUPREME, Jan 20, 2007