    items one is a list of strange characters with the words "ducky" and
    "adobe"inbetween the charactors the other is a line of vertical bars.could
    this be a virus.?can anyone help please.many thanks .jenny

    jennyjh18, Aug 23, 2003

  2. jennyjh18

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as jennyjh18 continued:
    You /do/ run AV software, /obviously/ ?
    Have you tried scanning your system ?

    slumpy, Aug 23, 2003

  3. jennyjh18

    °Mike° Guest

    What version of Windows?

    °Mike°, Aug 23, 2003
  4. jennyjh18

    jennyjh18 Guest

    hi .yes she does run avg.which is updated regularly.we have run a full scan
    with no results.she is running windows me.

    jennyjh18, Aug 23, 2003
  5. jennyjh18

    Smoker Guest

    Probably not a virus but similar in that Windows deteriorates over time and
    needs to be installed from square one on a newly formatted hard drive. If
    you have Win98 install it instead of ME which is more problem prone. When
    you format a drive you lose everything on it so backup what you want to save
    somewhere like on a CD or partition or other hard drive.

    Smoker, Aug 23, 2003