    Detailed: workstation has an XP Pro OS.
    Server :MS Windows 2003
    Thanks a lot..

    sparc58, May 12, 2007

  2. sparc58

    catwalker63 Guest

    sparc58 piffled away vaguely:
    You account is configured to only allow you to log into certain
    machines. Check the account settings.
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, May 12, 2007

  3. sparc58

    sparc58 Guest

    catwalker,thanks a lot..
    one more thing, if i have no access on AD(Im not a member of domain admin
    group), is there another way to solve this problem?

    sparc58, May 12, 2007
  4. sparc58

    John R Guest

    If you are not authorized to make changes to A/D, you will have to contact
    an administrator who is.

    John

    John R, May 12, 2007
  5. sparc58

    sparc58 Guest

    thanks a lot, man...

    sparc58, May 12, 2007
  6. sparc58

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    If you're looking to us to help you crack into
    a network, you've picked the wrong group.

    Lnkwizard2, May 14, 2007
  7. sparc58

    John R Guest

    LOL, I never took it that way. But, wouldn't windows security be great if
    all you had to do was ask on a newsgroup (hosted on Microsoft no less) how
    to get around security and you expected an answer? lololol

    John R

    John R, May 15, 2007
  8. sparc58

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    Just my suspicious nature. Anyone who is not
    and admin or user support asking questions like
    that makes me very nervous.

    Lnkwizard2, MCNGP 2^5
    I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
    (1$ to somebody)

    Lnkwizard2, May 15, 2007
  9. sparc58

    sparc58 Guest

    "If you're looking to us to help you crack into
    a network, you've picked the wrong group"

    Lnkwizard2,
    I've been here for sometime,and my questions got pretty good answers.
    The scenario is my Admin in unaccessible for that time so my option
    is to lean on with you guys,hope you understand.This is one of microsoft
    support site, all guys here were great, so doing nonsense is another thing.
    Cheers...

    sparc58, May 15, 2007
  10. sparc58

    catwalker63 Guest

    sparc58 piffled away vaguely:
    1) It's a newsgroup, not a site, despite its presence in google groups

    2) It's not an MS support anything. MS has little to no presence here.
    It's a newsgroup for discussing certifications, although we are often
    way off topic.

    3) Most posters here are going to be more interested in protecting the
    admin who is away than helping you crack the network. N00bs messing
    with admin accounts and servers make us twitchy. If your motives are
    pure, you still need to respect your admin's position and got to him/her
    with your issue.

    4) We're not all "guys"

    5) Some of us like nonsense

    catwalker63, May 15, 2007