Costa Rica liked my Canon 20D

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Fyimo, Jan 31, 2005.

  1. Fyimo

    Fyimo Guest

    I just returned from Costa Rica and I had a ball shooting pictures with
    my 20D. I used the 300mm f4 IS L lens the most for birds and wildlife
    and I used the 70-200mm f4 L as a walk around lens.

    I had my Canon 1.4X teleconveter with me but didn't use it because it
    slowed the AF down on flying bird shots. Yesterday I ordered the 400mm
    f5.6 L lens from B&H. I would love the 500mm f4 IS L lens but can't
    afford it so the 400mm f5.6 will have to do.

    I just started bird photography a few months ago and i really enjoy it.
    I'd like to hear from other users of the 400mm f5.6 as I hear the AF is
    really fast.

    Here's links to a couple of my shots. I just started going through
    them.

    http://client.webshots.com/photo/263941155/263949089pzDHFe
    http://client.webshots.com/photo/263941155/263942957aFWYGH
    Art Salmons

    Fyimo, Jan 31, 2005

  2. Fyimo

    paul Guest

    Those links aren't loading well.

    paul, Jan 31, 2005

  3. Fyimo

    ZONED! Guest

    They load fine for me.

    ZONED!, Jan 31, 2005
  4. Fyimo

    paul Guest

    Yeah works fine now, I think they were choking on the advertisements.
    Spectacular pictures!

    paul, Jan 31, 2005
  5. Fyimo

    Frank ess Guest

    Pretty nice.

    "Crocodile" probably an Alligator if in the Americas (Unless imported
    from Egypt, like the tourist-attraction _Caimanes_ in San Blas, Nayarit,
    Mexico), from what I heard.

    Frank ess, Feb 1, 2005
  6. Nice pictures. I like the sloth.

    Brian C. Baird, Feb 1, 2005
  7. Looks like money well spent. Those are super pix.

    John McWilliams, Feb 1, 2005
  8. Brian Sullivan MVP, Feb 1, 2005
  9. Fyimo

    Fyimo Guest

    In Costa Rica these are actually crocodiles. They are some version of
    South American crocodiles.

    Art

    Fyimo, Feb 1, 2005