cost price calculation for a multi-currency trade

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Deepak, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. Deepak

    Deepak Guest

    scenario 1
    transaction details:
    date currency quantity price exchange rate as on date for EUR
    in USD
    1-Oct-03 eur 100 15 1.0294
    2-Oct-03 usd -50 25 1.0415
    10-Oct-03 usd 150 25 1.0412
    15-Oct-03 eur -125 15 1.0413

    I want to find out the average cost for the particular transacted
    security and the method for the same in different currencies.

    Will the cost price vary with change in exchange rate on particular
    future dates on which the valuation is done.Please keep in mind that
    actual data will have millions of such rows and the data will be
    consolidated using a carry forward mechanism.If anyone has faced
    similar problems please respond and tell me how you handled the
    problem.

    thanks in advance
    regards
    deepak goyal