    please? It's been driving me to distraction.

    Thanks in advance.

    David N.

    FocaIPoint, Feb 4, 2004

  2. FocaIPoint

    Mike Guest

    David,

    I did a search on Google for xp-1, I suspect its monochrome developed with
    colour print processing, if it is, sometimes the hightstreet labs use old
    developer this sometimes causes a cast on the legative.
    You can always remove the colour in photoshop useing channels.

    Is your scanner set to scan monochrome?

    Also go to :- http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=005EtT
    there might be something of interest there.

    Just a thought. MikeS

    Mike, Feb 4, 2004

  3. FocaIPoint

    Alan F Cross Guest

    I don't understand your problem. XP1 is a mono film, so scan it as mono
    and the job's done. If your scanner does not allow that (which is rare),
    open the image in Photoshop and convert Image\Mode to Greyscale.

    Alan F Cross, Feb 4, 2004
  4. FocaIPoint

    FocaIPoint Guest

    Well it's a C-41 base B & W film. When the negative is scanned as a gray
    scale or mono, the positive has a blue cast to it which is a B*&ch to
    eleminate. Now this was about two years with my old HP scanner. I'm gearing up
    for my new Epson 4870 I'll be ordering tomorrow and would like to get list
    input before hand,

    I hope I'm make some sense here. I've scanned these XP-1 negatives every which
    way, image manipulated every which way and have never been able to get rid of
    that blue cast.

    Now I hasten to add that this was never a problem in a wet darkroom. The images
    were stunning.

    Thanks again.

    David N.

    FocaIPoint, Feb 5, 2004
  5. FocaIPoint

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (FocaIPoint) stated that:
    Maybe I've missed something that's already been said in this thread, but
    why can't you just convert your scanned image to greyscale?

    Lionel, Feb 5, 2004
  6. FocaIPoint

    Charlie Self Guest

    Have you scanned it as color, then discarded the color in PS?

    Charlie Self
    "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other
    way." Mark Twain

    Charlie Self, Feb 5, 2004
  7. FocaIPoint

    Mike Guest

    snip
    David,
    If your scanning in grey scale or monochrome your scanners output should
    olny be monochrome, where is your scanner getting the cast from?!
    Do you think it could be a fault on your scanner. have you tried scanning on
    a friends set-up?

    MikeS

    Mike, Feb 5, 2004
  8. FocaIPoint

    FocaIPoint Guest

    Do you think it could be a fault on your scanner. have you tried scanning on
    Hopwfully I'm orderinf the Epson 4870 today (if what they say is true and will
    have it in stock today) and I'll let you know next week. It could very well
    have been that old scanner at least I hope so.

    Thanks

    David

    FocaIPoint, Feb 5, 2004