Correct coding for CD autoplay in Win98SE?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by fitwell, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    In Windows 2000 at the office, I was able to disable WMP from being
    default player and now the generfic CD player starts playing once a CD
    is put in, instead.

    I tried the same coding here on my Win98SE, but it doesn't work.
    Sure, once I go into CD drive letter and press on the cda file, Winamp
    starts playing but the whole thing isn't automated like on my W2K
    machine at work.

    Here is the coding for W2k under "Audio CD" in the folder options,
    file types:

    "(audio player's path)" /device:AudioCD "%L"

    Can anyone tell me what the correct coding should be? Obviously, the
    coding above between brackets - (audio player's path) - is replaced by
    the path of the audio player one chooses.

    Thanks!

    fitwell, Jul 24, 2003

  2. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    Thanks for this but I didn't want to continue using Winamp as the CD
    player of choice.
    Yes, that worked, thanks! The coding I had for Windows 2000 is
    obviously different from Win98SE. This works beautifully.

    Cheers!

    fitwell, Jul 25, 2003
  5. fitwell

    °Mike° Guest