    blurry. Is there a program or plug-in for Photoshop that will help
    correct the blurriness? The sharpen feature doesn't seem to help much.

    Pat

    PatETC, May 8, 2005

  2. PatETC

    chrlz Guest

    There are some programs around that claim some degree of focus
    correction, but frankly, no is the answer. Once image detail is lost,
    there is not much you can do. There is a bit of an art to using
    Unsharp Mask in Photoshop, so try different radius and level settings
    - but these really only give an added 'edge' to your images - they
    don't bring back lost detail.

    Here's an example of a free program that does 'deconvolution' - it has
    an impressive demonstration image, but then look closely... It's not
    as good as it looks at first glance - note the 'ringing' and 'false
    detail'..

    http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/Analyzer/

    chrlz, May 8, 2005

  3. CS2 has a feature to correct blurriness but it's new to CS2 in Smart
    Sharpen.

    http://www.photoshopsupport.com/photoshop-9/cs2-new-features.html

    "The booksellers are generous liberal-minded men."

    Samuel Johnson
    "Life of Johnson" (J. Boswell), Vol. I, 1756

    John A. Stovall, May 8, 2005
  4. PatETC

    Paul Furman Guest

    What I do is just reduce the size. Really, I'm serious. Not all pics
    need to be big.

    Paul Furman, May 8, 2005
  5. PatETC

    Toomas Guest

    Program is fort of trying if image is slightly blurred. I have better results
    with some images. It works same way how first Hubble images was corrected.
    With it was relatively easy. To correction You must know exact how what
    blurring function is what to get in case of Hubble is easy. Also for Hubble all
    objects is in distance of infinity. There is two problems with photographed
    images - first that exact function of blur is not known and is hard to detect,
    and second - blur is usually caused wrong focusing, object what is sharp gets
    distorted in way how You described. But I recommend test program. Only
    recommendation is that use only part of image for automatic function guess.
    Otherway it would be _VERY_ slow. In case unfocused Gaussian is best choice.
    Deconvolution is also slow but at least You don't have spent hours do find
    blur function what is very probably wrong.

    Toomas, May 8, 2005