Cordless mice interfering with each other

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by beckwith, Jul 27, 2005.

  1. beckwith

    beckwith Guest

    My wife and I both have the same brand of cordless mouse (Logitech).
    They interfere with each other. Whenever she moves her mouse, mine
    gets jerky (and vice versa).

    The only suggestions I've found on the Internet for this problem are to
    change the channel of the mouse, but when I follow the instructions on
    how to reset my mouse (holding down the connect button on the receiver
    for 10 seconds, then hitting the connect button on the mouse) it
    doesn't solve the problem.

    On the Logitech web site regarding this problem, it says that you can
    then look on the "cordless" tab to see which channel you're on, but
    there is no such display on the "cordless" tab.

    Repeated attempts to reset the mouse were similarly unrewarding.

    So I installed the latest update of the laptop software for this mouse,
    but it functioned no differently.

    Perhaps there is no solution to this problem, in which case I simply
    must remember to buy cordless mice of different brands in future.
    Hopefully, they won't all use the same frequency.

    beckwith, Jul 27, 2005

  2. beckwith

    Gordon Guest

    Then put them to bed without any supper until they behave.

    Gordon, Jul 27, 2005

  3. beckwith

    Paul B. Guest

    Make sure the mouse is indeed using the correct driver. I
    recently had a Logi mouse that was using a MS driver until I ran
    through the Logi mouse setup. I've since concluded that wireless
    mice are not worth their downside.

    p.

    Paul B., Jul 27, 2005
  4. beckwith

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Could be Spyware trying to hijack you. Download, install, update and run all
    of the following.

    Ad-Aware

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
    it can be analyzed.

    HijackThis

    "Instead of trying to bash me you should try to learn from me and
    archive my posts so you can better help people in the future. If you don't
    understand something I post then ask me my email is valid."

    -
    -

    pcbutts1, Jul 27, 2005
  5. beckwith

    pcbutts1 Guest

    That's NORMAL, don't listen to the trolls who are trying to convince you
    that you have a problem.

    pcbutts1, Jul 27, 2005
  6. beckwith

    boywonder Guest

    In
    You tried this trick on both mice?

    boywonder, Jul 28, 2005
  7. beckwith

    Fred Guest

    Wrap something around the receivers to block reception, so they only pick up
    on a close mouse.

    Fred, Jul 29, 2005