    Any ideas??

    Cheers
    Nutter

    RadioNutter, Mar 5, 2006

  2. RadioNutter

    Craig Shore Guest

    Use bluetooth or infrared to send if from the phone that has it and choose to
    accept the file on the receiving phone, assuming both phones have one of those
    technogolies in common.

    Craig Shore, Mar 5, 2006

  3. RadioNutter

    Craig Shore Guest

    And I should have said, if it's infrared you're using you need to turn it on
    first on both phones. Most phones will only activate it for 10 or 15 mins.
    Sending is usually done by navigating your way through the menus to your stuff
    on your phone, into the sounds part, select the file, then choose options or
    something like that and choose send, the phone will then want to know how to
    send (pxt, infrared, bluetooth etc).

    Craig Shore, Mar 5, 2006
  4. T'was the Sun, 5 Mar 2006 23:35:49 +1300 when I remembered
    I've seen a few phones that have DRM in relation to ring tones, is
    there a little padlock next to the music icon when you view on your
    phone? If so, I don't think you'll be able to copy that file, I
    believe the download is licensed for that phone only.

    I had a whole bunch of MP3s stored on the memory card of my 6680, did
    a hard reset of the phone, lost all the activation keys for the MP3s,
    and then they worked no more. There's an earlier thread featuring
    abuse and also discussion on DRMs, the problem with DRMs is that it
    doesn't effectively deal with situations like yours or mine. It's very
    brittle in what it does allow, and if you're slightly outside those
    defined bounds, it all goes to custard.

    Having said that, it doesn't mean I'm not a fan of DRM. I think the
    idea has promise. But say if a cellphone company has the records that
    I paid for a song, shouldn't I be able to download that song from then
    on whenever I like, incase I need to reset my phone, I buy a new phone
    etc? I suppose they think from the point of view of "You could put
    your sim into someone else's phone, and then download music you've
    paid for onto their phone for free". I'm not too sure what the answer
    there is, but it probably has something to do with the price of MP3s
    downloaded through a cellphone company. $3.50 a track is pretty
    expensive, though it does include data charges.

    Waylon Kenning, Mar 5, 2006
  5. RadioNutter

    krazy Bob Guest

    I can never get infrared to work, i have two nokia's same model actiavate
    both of them and when ever i try and send something, i get sending
    failed...and give up

    KB

    krazy Bob, Mar 5, 2006
  6. RadioNutter

    krazy Bob Guest

    What about using a data cable and using nokia's pc suite?

    ive saved over a $100 dollars download free midi files of ringtones i want,
    using the sound converter in the suite, it can upload it to my phone for
    free.

    i would assume since you can transfer sounds from your comp-to-phone. you
    might be able to go from phone-to-comp.

    just a thought, off topic note. The data cable is around $200 in stores last
    time i looked, i bought mine for $30 off trade me brand new, although didn't
    come with any software and had no technical supported i downloaded
    everything i needed off the nokia website

    Cheers
    KB

    krazy Bob, Mar 5, 2006
  7. T'was the Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:03:08 +1300 when I remembered "krazy Bob"
    Nokia provides their software free off their website. Motorola on the
    other hand, doesn't, last time I checked it was about $29.95 US.

    Waylon Kenning, Mar 6, 2006
  8. RadioNutter

    RJ Guest

    The Nokia CA-42 cable was $100 at DSE last time I looked.

    RJ, Mar 6, 2006
  9. Yeah, what a ripoff! You can get non-Nokia CA-42 cables from Trademe for
    ~$16.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Mar 6, 2006
  10. RadioNutter

    krazy Bob Guest

    I have the DKU-5 cable which my manuals says it needs.

    KB

    krazy Bob, Mar 7, 2006
  11. RadioNutter

    RJ Guest

    For what model phone? Must be very old, the CA-42 works with a lot of
    Nokias.

    RJ, Mar 8, 2006