    identify the required files and to copy those files directly to my MP3
    player as quickly as possible.

    Thanks in advance.

    Paul Blarmy, Jan 20, 2008

  2. Paul Blarmy

    dadiOH Guest

    Copy, not burn. No idea how speedy it is.

    http://www.amok.am/en/freeware/amok_playlist_copy/

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Jan 20, 2008

  3. Paul Blarmy

    Paul Blarmy Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:45:56 GMT, dadiOH wrote...
    Yes, copy not burn - my mistake.

    Excellent dadiOH, truly just what I wanted and does the job very
    quickly, certainly as quick as drag'n'drop and loads faster than the
    media library programs.

    Paul Blarmy, Jan 20, 2008
  4. Paul Blarmy

    dadiOH Guest

    Consider that you may be using the wrong media library program(s).
    Myself, I like simple things like MP3 database managers rather than
    high falutin' "media library" managers :)

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Jan 20, 2008
  5. MyLifeWare <sigh>

    Krazee Brenda, Jan 21, 2008
  6. Paul Blarmy

    Paul Blarmy Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 20:59:49 GMT, dadiOH wrote...
    Sounds good. Can you recommend a decent freeware one please?

    Thanks again.

    Paul Blarmy, Jan 21, 2008
  7. Paul Blarmy

    dadiOH Guest

    I use MP3Stock. There is a section on it in my dandies and some info
    on a handful of others as well. I like it because it is simple and
    fast. The DB can be created using the MP3 file names and/or tags but
    it is an old program and only uses v1 tags. NP IMO.

    The main deficiency, I think, is the lack of an innate ability to
    create sub-catagories under "genre". One can work around that by
    using the comment field. Another deficiency for some - not for me -
    is that it plays via Winamp.
    http://leif.cx/software/index.htm

    A program which I would seriously consider using if I were starting
    over is MP3Rat but it isn't free. Not expensive, just not free.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Jan 22, 2008
  8. Paul Blarmy

    Paul Blarmy Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:33:01 GMT, dadiOH wrote...
    Crashed out on my machine.
    Interesting. According to their website this is being marked for 'end of
    life' as from 1st February. There is the same message on the order page.
    Wonder if this will be released as freeware or just abandonware?

    Paul Blarmy, Jan 25, 2008