    them all into Firefox it didn't leave any copy.

    Thanks for any advice on this,

    John

    John, Oct 9, 2011

  2. John

    - Bobb - Guest

    One thing to try - SEARCH on the drive for bookmark on that old system disk
    I see I have a file called which it might have created when I imported
    Favorites to Firefox
    C:\Documents and Settings\name\My Documents\bookmark.htm
    ( or maybe I made that file -- not sure)

    Netscape used to have a Bookmarks Folder, but Firefox...

    "If you just want to copy your Firefox bookmarks, you need to create a
    bookmark backup file"
    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Exporting bookmarks to an HTML file

    - Bobb -, Oct 9, 2011

  3. John

    John Guest

    Thanks. Do you know if there is a way to do this without having to use
    the export option? As it is an old hard drive taken from an old system
    and I can not go back into it any longer to do this. Is there a way I
    can just copy all the favourite links from Firefox on my old hard
    drive to the new system? I guess I am asking where exactly does
    Firefox save all the favourites bookmarks? E.g. with Explorer they are
    saved in C:\Users\User\Favourites

    TIA
    John

    John, Oct 28, 2011
  4. John

    - Bobb - Guest

    Thanks. Do you know if there is a way to do this without having to use
    the export option? As it is an old hard drive taken from an old system
    and I can not go back into it any longer to do this. Is there a way I
    can just copy all the favourite links from Firefox on my old hard
    drive to the new system? I guess I am asking where exactly does
    Firefox save all the favourites bookmarks? E.g. with Explorer they are
    saved in C:\Users\User\Favourites

    TIA
    John

    Your "install Folder": mine is
    C:\Program Files\Firefox\defaults\profile

    - Bobb -, Nov 25, 2011
  5. John

    Paul Guest

    There is an article here. First, you'd have to start with information
    as to what version of Firefox you were using.

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks

    You could start by looking for .json files in the bookmarkbackups folder.
    Two of the fields in the path, will vary from user to user, and that's
    the purpose of the fields marked with ******** next.

    username 8 digits
    C:\Documents and Settings\********\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\********.default\bookmarkbackups

    Then look at the mozillazine.org article in the section -

    "Importing a bookmark backup file"

    It's still pretty stupid and clumsy, and this is something that
    one of the designers of Firefox would have just hated. He wanted
    stuff that "just works", and the handling of this issue is
    abominable. At least when the storage format was HTML,
    average users could hack it back into shape.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Nov 26, 2011