    I also tried dragging the files to the cd rw button, but that doesn't work
    Can someone help me with writing files to a cd

    Thanks.

    Kevin Buthorn, Jan 31, 2004

  2. I have a cd rom and a cdrw. I also have a zip drive..
    Can you help me with the procedure for copying files.
    Thanks

    Kevin Buthorn, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Kevin Buthorn

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    Erm. Knoppix runs off a CD. Do you have two CDRW/DVD-ROM drives? If not
    you will not be able to use x-cdroast. A USB pen drive, Zip drive or USB
    hard drive will do the trick. Knoppix will mount them as an icon on your
    desktop.

    B.Al.Zeebub, Jan 31, 2004
  4. Kevin Buthorn

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    Easy. Hook up the Zip drive to the PC, boot off Knoppix and it should be
    detected and configured automatically. Click on the Zip icon on the
    desktop, look for the windows icon, click to open and you're away.
    Drag and drop. x-cdroast may be a bit tricky if you haven't
    used it before.

    Good luck.

    B.Al.Zeebub, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Kevin Buthorn

    Patrick Guest

    Just a note; as far a *I understand*, Knoppix can't read an NTFS partition.

    Patrick, Jan 31, 2004
  6. Kevin Buthorn

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    It can't *write* to an NTFS partition safely, reading is fine.

    B.Al.Zeebub, Jan 31, 2004
  7. It was on Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:12:14 +1100, just as I was halfway through a
    Doesn't Knoppix have K3b? I haven't used Knoppix, nor x-cdroast, but I
    find K3b very easy to use. As easy as Nero in fact...

    William Poaster, Jan 31, 2004
  8. Thanks for all your help.
    I was able to recover my files using Knoppix.
    Knoppix was able to read the NTFS partition, but it couldn't write to it.
    I recovered the files to my zip drive which Knoppix recognized as a hard
    drive. I had to change the properties to allow knoppix to write to it.

    Kevin Buthorn, Feb 1, 2004
  9. Kevin Buthorn

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    I never thought of that, silly me. I did find an excellent Knoppix How To
    here http://tinyurl.com/2rlkz courtesy of IBM.

    B.Al.Zeebub, Feb 1, 2004
  10. Kevin Buthorn

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest