    and files that are on a backup CD and copy them to MS Word ?
    Regards
    Bill

    Bill P, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Bill P

    °Mike° Guest

    Open a DOS box and type in the following -- assuming
    that your CD is drive "D"; change if necessary:

    dir D: /b /s >c:\files.txt

    This will give you a text listing in your root C: drive
    called "files.txt". Copy/paste the contents into
    Word.

    °Mike°, Oct 27, 2004

  3. Bill P

    Marcus Guest

    Marcus, Oct 27, 2004
  4. Bill P

    Bill P Guest

    Thanks °Mike°

    Bill P, Oct 27, 2004
  5. Bill P

    Bill P Guest

    Bill P, Oct 27, 2004
  6. Bill P

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Oct 27, 2004
  7. Bill P

    Bill P Guest

    Actually Marcus, it doesn't do everything I want. It doesn't recognise
    any files within the folders.
    Regards
    Bill

    Bill P, Oct 27, 2004
  8. Bill P

    G. Morgan Guest

    24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Mike gave you the correct answer.

    Completely unrelated to what you asked, but, a neat feature of
    Netscape and Firefox is listing and the ability to print directories.

    Put this into your browser (Not IE)

    file:///C:/

    replace "c" with your CD drive letter.

    You can view the contents of files without the browser trying to
    launch them, and save the (collapsed) tree as html or text.

    I don't know if you can force it to expand the tree. If someone knows
    how please post it, I would like to see that.

    -Graham

    Remove the 'snails' from my email

    G. Morgan, Oct 27, 2004
  9. Bill P

    John Holmes Guest

    Bill P came up with this:
    Open a command window, type cd x:\ (substitute x for the drive letter
    where your backup cd resides). Be sure to be in the root of the drive by
    typing cd \. Then type dir /s >c:\whatever.doc. Open the created file
    with Word.

    John Holmes, Apr 28, 2006