    I need to do this in a rush so any/ all help will be great.

    TIA
    amit kaushal

    Amit Kaushal, Apr 11, 2005

  2. Amit Kaushal

    RobO Guest

    Hi Amit!

    There are a couple of ways of doing it being tftp and xmodem.
    Ill talk you through the tftp part first.

    Install a tftp server on your PC if you are on Windows then try:
    ftp://ftp.3com.com/pub/utilbin/win32/3CTftpSvc.zip

    Otherwise Linux has got tftp server also.

    You will need to connect router B to the network and give it a IP
    address:

    int fastethernet 0
    ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [subnet_mask]

    Once you have TFTP running on PC then on Router A you can do:

    copy start tftp://TFTP_server_IP/router_A_config
    You will see a successful copy if everything is set up correctly.

    Then on Router B make sure you have connectivity with TFTP server by
    pinging it.
    If you get a response then do:

    copy tftp://TFTP_server_IP/router_A_config start.
    It will tell you that the config has been copied.

    Remove router A from the network and connect Router B in place and
    reload the router.
    As long as the routers are identical then you should not have any
    problems.

    What software are you using to connect to the console on Router B.
    On Windows in hyperterminal you can do a xmodem transfer, you will see
    the options in the menu but you must first copy Router A config to the
    PC connected to Router B.

    Hope this makes sense.

    Rob

    RobO, Apr 11, 2005

  3. Amit Kaushal

    Amit Kaushal Guest

    Hi,

    Sorry for the delay in reply.
    It did help and yes i did it using the tftp server.
    Thanks a lot.

    best regards
    amit

    Amit Kaushal, Apr 26, 2005