Copy script with input file

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jeronimo, Jun 28, 2006.

  1. Jeronimo

    Jeronimo Guest

    Hi,

    I'd like to copy some files from 1 server to another using a input
    file.

    Say I'd like to do the following:
    copy \\server1\dir1\file1.xxx \\server2\dir1\

    When I have multiple files I'd like to use a text file that sais wich
    file to copy including location path.

    I thought about doing the following:
    copy \\server1\%1 \\server2\%1 <input.txt

    %1 = text file containing files to copy ( e.g. input.txt)

    \dir1\file1.xxx
    \dir1\file2.xxx
    \dir2\file99.xxx

    How can I get this working?

    Thanx in advanced.

    Jeronimo

    Jeronimo, Jun 28, 2006

  2. Jeronimo

    Jake Guest

    I'd say your on the right track, but the windows command prompt
    language is quite inferior. You should go out and install cygwin, and
    use BASH or a similar shell command interpreter to do what you need.

    Or, you could use C or Perl to make your own program do do it.

    Jake, Jun 29, 2006