    from the tftp server to the pix but the not the other way.

    Can someone help me with the correct syntax?

    Anthony

    Anthony, May 10, 2004

  2. :I have a pix 501 and am trying to copy the flash ios to a tftp server.

    :The command manual shows the copy command that will copy a bin file
    :from the tftp server to the pix but the not the other way.

    :Can someone help me with the correct syntax?

    Not supported.

    Sorry, if you have PIX 6.1 or earlier, and you're just trying to
    put in a new activation key, you will have to find some external copy
    of the PIX binary. But if you are in that situation, then chances are
    you haven't been keeping up to date with the security advisories
    and are likely entitled to a free upgrade (in the same release stream)
    for security fixes. Search cisco.com for the topic "PIX Security Advisories"
    to find the text of the advisories.

    Walter Roberson, May 10, 2004

  3. What version of IOS are you running? I think it should be:

    copy flash:<name_of_image_file> tftp:

    Bayardo

    Bayardo Alvarez, May 10, 2004