    Where can I download a copy of IE5?

    thanks,
    Paul

    Paul J, Sep 21, 2003

  2. Paul J

    Boomer Guest

    Paul J said:
    Hi

    I believe trout posted a link awhile back. You might want to search
    the archives for this group for that link.

    I did a quick search at Google.com and found these:
    http://www.juno.com/download/
    http://www.iprimus.com.au/support/brow-ie5-download.asp

    Boomer, Sep 21, 2003

  3. Paul J

    trout Guest

    If the 'importing' business doesn't work out, you can retrieve your
    OE4 messages in readable format with MBXtract:
    http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/MBXtract.htm

    trout, Sep 21, 2003
  4. Paul J

    DC Guest

    <Nelson>
    Ha ha!
    </Nelson>

    Well, someone had to do it. };O)

    DC, Sep 21, 2003
  5. Paul J

    PC Guest

    IE don't you mean OE (Outlook Express) ? .dbx would indicate Outlook
    Express's message files ie inbox.dbx, outbox.dbx, sent.dbx ........ etc

    OE 6 should give you an option to import version 6 files which will import
    version 5 messages. AFAIK version 5 are the same internal layout as version
    6.

    Put it this way that's how I imported some OE5 *.dbx messages into OE6 last
    week.
    It was on an XP machine but I doubt the OS will make any difference.

    Biggest problem I have with this type of job is finding the 'current' ?bx
    files on a machine that has had various versions of IE/OE installed over the
    years. Do a *.?bx search and you'll find up to 3 locations on a single user
    machine, more if it is a multi user machine.

    Cheers
    Paul

    PC, Sep 21, 2003
  6. Paul J