Copy and paste problems

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by SomebodyElse, Nov 27, 2003.

  1. SomebodyElse

    SomebodyElse Guest

    Cut/copy and paste seem to be on holiday at the moment. Rather regularly,
    it just doesn't work. Cut deletes the text, but paste does nothing. It
    seems to normally start when I'm cut/copy & pasting between applications,
    but even within the same application it doesn't work. Rebooting seems to
    be the only way to fix it.

    It's extremely frustrating!

    I'm not too sure, but I think I have been using OpenOffice every time I
    get this problem. Other times it's fine though.

    Running XP pro.

    I know this sounds pretty vague, but since it doesn't happen all the
    time I can't really pinpoint anything much at all. Does anybody have any
    suggestions as to what may be the cause?

    Cheers
    Scott

    SomebodyElse, Nov 27, 2003

  2. I've seen something similar trying to use keyboard shortcuts .. and
    I'm used to cntrl-C etc. IIRC, OO copy/paste runs on cntrl-shift-C. ??
    Try it from the menu if you are using the keyboard and see if that
    fixes the problem.

    HTH

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 27, 2003

  3. SomebodyElse

    SomebodyElse Guest

    Yeah, was using the keyboard shortcuts. Using the menu gives the same
    results though :-(

    Cheers
    Scott

    SomebodyElse, Nov 27, 2003
  4. Bother. Maybe the post about cutting/pasting and cutting has the
    answer ? ... I know it does eventually work :) :)

    Best of luck.

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 27, 2003
  5. SomebodyElse

    Robert Guest

    Bugger - I was going to say faulty left ctrl key.

    Robert, Nov 27, 2003
  6. SomebodyElse

    sal Guest

    Have you tried a different keyboard?

    sal, Nov 27, 2003
  7. It sounds like a badly written program is clearing your clipboard out to get
    the data. Check that you aren't running any applications that could take
    information from the clipboard (Like download managers which take URLS
    automatically) and check that you don't have any viruses.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Nov 27, 2003
  8. SomebodyElse

    T.N.O. Guest

    The shortcuts that your looking for are in the documents part of your
    start menu, without knowing which OS, I cant tell you where they are
    stored...

    T.N.O., Nov 27, 2003