Cop strikes baby on back and feet: Justifiable?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by NormanM, Jun 22, 2010.

  1. NormanM

    NormanM Guest

    NormanM, Jun 22, 2010

  2. NormanM

    Aardvark Guest

    Just what one would expect from the local rozzers. Nevertheless, they
    performed their duty well.
    There are no cop-hating freaks in this froup, to my knowledge. There are
    plenty who hate assholes in uniform, though. Different kettle of fish
    entirely.

    Aardvark, Jun 22, 2010

  3. NormanM <>
    teared up and whined this sob-story about someone
    who finally done something right:
    So, the reporters were all waiting for several minutes
    for the photographers to show up, when someone from the
    crowd shouted "quick, throw the baby, we ain't got all day."

    Sometimes you just have throw a crack-baby at a cop,
    to keep 'em honest and grab some positive headlines.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and this message
    is assembled for your education and entertainment

    So "happy" to see her:

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 22, 2010
  4. NormanM

    OldGringo38 Guest

    OldGringo38, Jun 22, 2010
  5. NormanM

    NormanM Guest

    You really do have a chip on your shoulder that is a mile high. Same to you,
    buster.

    NormanM, Jun 23, 2010
  6. NormanM

    NormanM Guest

    Thank you. Sometimes it just seems the cretins in this group only see it
    from one side, so I just thought I'd bring up the other side. I don't know
    much about what CT is up to. The AT&T/SBC groups seem a bit slow these days.

    NormanM, Jun 23, 2010
  7. NormanM

    NormanM Guest

    I read it in b&w on newsprint. Took a while to find the online version. But
    I did read it, thank you. If you missed the other "justifiable" thread, then
    you probably wouldn't see my intended irony. ;)

    NormanM, Jun 23, 2010
  8. NormanM

    NormanM Guest

    It must suck to be you: A bitter, angry twit who can't write a rational
    post, probably because you don't have a rational thought in the vast empty
    wasteland which is your mind.

    NormanM, Jun 23, 2010

  9. Watch The Buckymeister make it a haiku :

    An Ode to Big 666 in 'is BigAss Depends
    > A bitter and very angry twit
    > who can never write a rational post...
    > have a rational thought in that vast
    > empty wasteland which is your irrational mind.

    Teh Edn

    HTH.

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 23, 2010
  10. NormanM

    Jordon Guest

    I think that has to qualify as the most empty threat I've
    ever read.

    "Don't like dung out of northern California" somewhat denotes
    that you may like dung out of somewhere else. Just how would
    you go about pushing someones button? And saying that someone
    else is writing worthless posts is, well, sort of ironic, don't
    you think?

    Jordon, Jun 23, 2010
  11. Big 666 wrote this insulting everybody on the Pacific West Coast
    and undermining our troops and Freedom's eternal mission:
    You hate cops too much to be very sane or stable...
    The cops musta beat down yer mama for smokin' the crack
    when she was pregnated with you in the 5th trimester
    before she dropped you on your head because she can't
    smoke crack, prostitute her hiney-hole and breast-feed
    at the same time. Too bad for you. There's always the
    welfare and food stamps for the rest of your life. <sighs>

    HTH.

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 23, 2010
  13. Big 666 loaded his geriatric kolonostoppy bag and grunted this:
    <IRONY METER MAID FALLS OVER OFF HER TRICYCLE TO A DRUM ROLL!>

    The meter maid would shoot you right in your pooty-face, and
    the coroner's inquest would say she put you out of your misery
    and the rest of us into a more amicable olfactory environment.

    HTH.

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 24, 2010
  14. Big 666 didn't say anything, just posted pictures
    of himself eating dirtied dookie-diapers for lunch:
    Get a job, you luzer. Cleaning up oil from the
    beaches is open, if your Hoveround will roll on
    the sands...

    HTH.

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 24, 2010
  15. NormanM

    richard Guest

    richard, Jun 24, 2010
  16. NormanM

    richard Guest

    EVan, FYI, your link was a to a lesson on "choking", which is different
    than standard cpr.

    I am not currently certified in CPR, but have been and for a few years was
    a certified instructor.

    richard, Jun 24, 2010
  17. NormanM

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Ya know little dicky, I really am in awe of your experience in life.
    What with your illustrious military career, experience in law
    enforcement, programming excellence, truck driver par excellence and now
    as an instructor in CPR, I can only bow down to you as a totally
    superior human being.

    Oldus Fartus, Jun 24, 2010
  18. You're correct... to an extent...

    The thing about CPR is that it doesn't really "change" per se...
    What they do is enhance it - or provide another subordinate
    cascading menu, if you will - for a given set of circumstances...
    Not everybody operates in a logical mode; therefore training
    to a routine has a greater degree of effectiveness than does
    no action whatsoever... or panic, from not having any idea at all.

    The classic that I can think of is the drowning victim response.
    Now, the recommendation is to go right to the breath/chest pump
    routine. I still use the [military] "quickly place them face
    down, or side, then pull the arm by the elbows over the head,
    couple of quick pumps... first, face down; then roll to right
    side, use left arm; roll to left side, use right arm." What you
    want to do is expell, or cause the victim to expectorate as
    much foreign fluids as possible before you commence - because
    like if they puke in your face, then you're going to be having
    to clear your own issues before you can get back to the victim.

    All that should take about 5-8 seconds... then place on back,
    position head, call for help/assistance/911 - commence std CPR.
    However, placed on their fronts, arms grasped by elbows and
    pulled [horizontally] over the head will not only clear fluids
    but also provoke the gasping reflex, and that's-that 'cept for
    the details something like 50+% of the time.

    BTW: a quick upward slap to the upper-middle back is quite
    effective to dislodge a choking obstruction; especially on a
    smaller child, because usually they're choking on an object that
    they swallowed like a toy, and grabbing them for a Heimlich
    could well perforate the esophagus or lungs with the object...
    Being there and observing where the victim is subconsciously
    clutching is a BIG part of deciding which procedure to implement.
    Also, positioning/clasping your hands for a std Heimlich, then
    lifting upward, or rocking the child/[victim] forward works;
    and, if you're [God-forbid] by yourself, backing rapidly into
    a wall, tree, or post could work as well [better than a silent
    911]; of course the upward-mid-back-slap could cause them to
    swallow it as well - however, the immediate issue to be addressed
    is breath - and keep breath flowing [and heart pumping] until
    trained medical help can intervene...

    So, any action which might cause a gasp or exhale-reaction
    would be quite appropriate, and based upon one's training
    and/or experience and/or intuition, appropriate - if not heroic.

    I'd vote for the cop, IMHO.

    HTH.

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 24, 2010
  19. I wasn't contradicting or intending to contradict you.

    I figger ANYBODY who cares enough to take the courses
    is *OK* by me - and just the fact of being exposed to
    some additional options may help trigger a course of
    action in a particularly strange or bizarre set of
    circumstances. Like kids... Man, just when you think
    you've seen it *all*, leave it to a kid to pull sumtin'
    like nobody's ever even thought of...

    You snipped the part where I said "Being there and
    observing [where the victim is subconsciously clutching]
    [brackets added] is a BIG part of deciding which procedure
    to implement." That could'a been the salient point.

    Best regards.

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 24, 2010
  20. NormanM

    NormanM Guest

    You are a day late and a dollar short. ;)

    NormanM, Jun 24, 2010