CoolPreview 3.7 problem wi/Firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by danz, Sep 12, 2012.

  1. danz

    danz Guest

    I'm using Firefox 3.6. I updated CoolPreview to the newest version.
    Whenever I open FF, I now get sent to the CoolPreview Web site. They
    have instructions as to how to cure that problem.

    1. Type "about:config" (without the quotes) in your browsers address
    bar
    2. When prompted, click the "I promise to be careful" button
    3. In the search box that appears, type "preview.isnew"
    4. Edit the value in that box so that it is "3.7" (or the latest
    version of CoolPreviews you have installed)
    5. Close the tab
    6. Restart the browser

    But when I do the above first step there is no "I promise to be
    careful button."

    Anyone have an idea how I get rid of this directing me to their
    Website, or do I have to get rid of CoolPreviews?

    (I'm using an older version of FF because many of the add-ons I
    regularly use don't work with the newer vers of Firefox.

    danz, Sep 12, 2012