    Anyone else notice this on their Coolpix?

    Cheers
    Don

    Don, Jul 27, 2003

  2. Don

    dirtycow Guest

    Take it back and get another one.

    ??? What are you basing that comment on? My CP 995 makes the noise - it is
    a well known issue. A play with Google will chuck some info. Apparently its
    nothing to worry about

    Matt

    dirtycow, Jul 27, 2003

  3. A grinding/grating sound is normal? I have a CP990 and a CP5000 and
    neither of them makes a grating/grinding sound. They are noisy but not
    that noisy.

    Andrew McDonald, Jul 27, 2003
  4. Don

    dirtycow Guest

    A grinding/grating sound is normal? I have a CP990 and a CP5000 and
    Depends on your opinion of noise i guess. I think the sound is a grinding
    noise, but its not too noisy IMO. For a new user to the camera whos used to
    a 'silent' zooming camera, it must seem loud.

    Matt

    dirtycow, Jul 27, 2003
  5. Don

    Don Guest

    Yeah, that's the problem with noise. It's very hard to judge. Having
    been used to manual zooms which are perfectly silent (obviously) I guess
    I was expecting the same.

    Although I guess my other thought was that the noise was not consistent.
    It varied from a hum, to this grinding type noise at certain points. But
    I am getting the picture that it is pretty normal.

    Thanks for the help.
    Don

    Don, Jul 28, 2003
  6. Then take it back to the store and compare with another one. If they
    are the same then it's probably OK. If not then exchange it.

    Andrew McDonald, Jul 28, 2003
  7. Don

    Don Guest

    Good advice. Thanks.