    needs to have a very fast focus and i need to be able to take a couple
    pictures really quick. Also at work I have a couple 1 gig compact flash
    cards so if it takes CF it would definitely be a bonus.

    PBody, Aug 13, 2005

  2. I've been pleased with the focus speed on the Panasonic FZ5 (5MP, image
    stabilised, 36 - 432mm zoom), and I would expect the new Panasonic FZ30
    (8MP) to be similar.

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz5/

    http://www.dpreview.com/articles/panasonicfz30/

    These cameras which take SD memory cards. Highest speed might be with a
    DSLR, but whether you could assemble something with a similar spec under
    $900 I doubt.

    David

    David J Taylor, Aug 13, 2005

  3. PBody

    wavelength Guest

    For $900, id go with the FZ30k instead in panasonic, not the Fz5. Not
    sure what the recycle time is. Won't be released until september.

    In the prosumer class, there aren't really any *great* cycle time
    cameras. I'd go with the Canon Digital rebel or XT for good autofocus
    and cycle times.

    The Konica Minolta is also a good contender under $900, $899 with lens
    from Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...104-9502955-9363942?v=glance&s=photo&n=541966

    Otherwise, you can buy another 8800 online for $679 from B&H,

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=351675&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

    That's with the rebate, though

    I'd wait for the FZ30 though if you want to stick with the "prosumer"
    P&S category instead of a dSLR, it does TIFF output files. Yummy.
    Amazon has it pre-order listed for $699 plus S&H. But remember, the
    SLR's will have better response times pretty much hands down.

    wavelength, Aug 13, 2005
  4. PBody

    g n p Guest

    Have you looked at the Oly C 8080 WZ??

    g n p, Aug 13, 2005
  5. PBody

    PBody Guest

    I have looked at a couple different cameras but I found the speed related
    specs listed are rarely accurate. More than specs I would like to hear
    owners oppinions. Granted just cuase one person loves a certian camera
    doesn't mean its a good cam, but if everybody that has a certian cam likes
    it I'll know to atleast look into it seriously. I am not limiting myself to
    a "prosumer" or a DSLR. I just want something that takes fast pictures
    clearly. I would like it to have a decent point and shoot mode but my
    brother is into adjusting all the setting to take artistic pictures I just
    want to take accurate pictures.

    PBody, Aug 14, 2005