    Likes Received:
    0
    Also consider HD Tach, a good HD benchmarking tool.

    The Modfather, Mar 29, 2006

  2. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Ok, I have downloaded the 3DMark2006 version, but do you guys have links to free versions of the other benchmarks? I don't want to pay for benchmarking tools.

    Also, if any of you are experienced in running benchmarks, please give me some pointers. I know there are issues regarding the settings for the videocard and such. I want to compare apples to apples, but I also want to show what the ATI videocard is capable of. Since CPU magazine already ran benchmarks on this same exact computer, I have something to compare to already.

    bigal, Mar 29, 2006

  3. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    you can get the free versions of 3D Marks 2001 SE, 2003, and 2005 from www.futuremark.com/download/ If you want the full ones, you either pay for them, or go to www.serials.ws :p Other benchmarks like Sandra or whatever, I'm not sure about where ot get them. Unholy will be able to tell you.

    3D Mark 2006 I haven't even bothered getting because I know my p o s computer will probably die when I run it, so you'll have to let me know what it's like.

    XhArD, Mar 30, 2006
  4. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Thanks XhArD. If you have suggestions on running specific benchmarks (like a "lessons learned"), let me know.

    bigal, Mar 30, 2006
  5. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
  6. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Heres a list:

    Gaming Performance:

    3DMark 2001SE: http://www.futuremark.com/download/?3dmark2001.shtml
    3DMark 2003: http://www.futuremark.com/download/?3dmark03.shtml
    3DMark 2005: http://www.futuremark.com/download/?3dmark05.shtml
    3DMark 2006: http://www.futuremark.com/download/?3dmark06.shtml

    Fraps (For fps Benchmarking): http://www.fraps.com/download.php
    [Trail allows Small Recording and Full benchmarking]

    Games Such as CoD2, Quake 4, Doom 3, UT2k4, Counter-Strike: Source, Farcry.. so forth.

    Computer Performance:

    PCMark 04: http://www.futuremark.com/download/?pcmark04.shtml
    PCMark 05: http://www.futuremark.com/download/?pcmark05.shtml

    SiSoft Sandra: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/index.html?dir=&location=downandbuy&langx=en&a=

    HDTach: http://www.simplisoftware.com/Public...request=HdTach (Thanks Modfather)

    Super Pi: http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=36

    If you are testing a 64bit computer, it might be possible to test it in 64bit mode?

    unholy, Mar 30, 2006
  7. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Thanks Unholy. This isn't a 64-bit OS system, so I'm not going to test in 64-bit mode.

    bigal, Mar 31, 2006
  8. bigal

    unholy

    Joined: