    Hey, this new Accelero X2 VGA cooler from Artic Cooling looks sweet!

    [​IMG]

    bigal, Mar 22, 2006

  2. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    I was offered to review on of those but i dont have a x1600 :(

    unholy, Mar 23, 2006

  3. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Yeah, that would make a difficult review. How is it that you get so many items to review?

    bigal, Mar 23, 2006
  4. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i have contacts :), very high up in the ladder :)

    unholy, Mar 24, 2006
  5. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    That does look nice though. And yeah, Unholy does have some contacts, he got me in touch with just the right person for the Antec case so I can progress with the ECW Project. I'll be doing a review on the case too, it'll be a freelance review so it'll appear here too.

    The Modfather, Mar 24, 2006
  6. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Maybe I should stop spending so much money on parts and just send my list to Unholy! Yesterday I ordered 2 GB of memory from Newegg for about $145. It's two sticks of 1GB G.Skill Cas2 stuff, and it's destined for the "Globe of Retribution" machine that I hope to sell within a few months.

    bigal, Mar 24, 2006
  7. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    I am glad Modfather got his case :) would have been sad to have the mod done incorrectly :|

    As for u al, i dont have a supply shop of reviewable items :p

    unholy, Mar 25, 2006
  8. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can't wait for it to get here.

    Hey Al, why don't you post some pics of your older mods, I don't think I've seen all of them.

    The Modfather, Mar 26, 2006
  9. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I might consider that. Perhaps after I get through my next review at www.fastlanehw.com . I'm doing a very special review, and it's gonna take most of my free time over the next few weeks. The product is due for delivery early next week, and I only have it for two weeks before I have to return it.

    Promise me you guys will visit our affilliate site and check out the review when I complete it, ok?

    bigal, Mar 26, 2006
  10. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i am guessing its some sort of Expensive device :p maybe a computer or maybe something to do with Power supplies :)

    unholy, Mar 27, 2006
  11. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hehe, I remember Bob asking me to do a review on an in-dash GPS receiver... That was nasty, I turned it down. I'm not gonna rip apart the dashboard in my $47,000 truck to install a GPS for two weeks and have to send it back. If a company wants their product reviewed they'd better be willing to let go of one perminantly.

    The Modfather, Mar 27, 2006
  12. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You are a good guesser. Would you believe a gaming machine?

    bigal, Mar 27, 2006
  13. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    As in console or gaming PC?

    Lets see... Could be a Fragbox, or it could be an XBox360, nah, wouldn't be that, Micro$loth doesn't need reviewers... Must be a gaming PC, so... Is it something brand new? A nice botique rig from somewhere like Falcon or Alienware?

    The Modfather, Mar 27, 2006
  14. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Would you believe a Hyperkore HK-Xtreme machine? The same exact machine that was reviewed by CPU magazine in the April 2006 issue. How's that for a review item? Of course, I must return it following completion of the review....

    bigal, Mar 28, 2006
  15. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well if it were me, I'd have a problem with the review, there'd be all sorts of holdups on it, my word processor would stop working and then I'd break my left pinky so I couldn't type it, you know, stuff like that, it happens.

    The Modfather, Mar 28, 2006
  16. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Yer it happens, though u have a 2 week deadline for things like that :p

    How did i know it was from Hyper Kore :p it must have been all those Windows you bought and all the people that flocked in because of ur excellente review :)

    I hope u have a rig to compare it with. if you need any help with the Comparision, give me a hint and i can benchmark mine for comparison as well :)

    unholy, Mar 28, 2006
  17. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, that'd work, compare a rabbit to a turtle. :)

    The Modfather, Mar 28, 2006
  18. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The review won't be focused on benchmarks. There will be a few of them, but I have a unique angle on this. My idea, which I'm gonna ask you guys not to copy until my review gets published, is to have a LAN party with lots of gamers. That will occur this coming Sunday, April 2nd. Each gamer will have some time with the test machine, and he/she will be able to play their favorite game on it. Then that gamer will compare it's playability with several other computers (yes, Big Al computers - OsbornAgain, Printer-to-Computer-Deja-Vu, etc.). A questionnaire will be filled out, and results posted in the review. I will also look inside the machine at the build quality and things of this nature.

    If you guys want to help me, please provide some recommended benchmark links. I think I have downloaded one of the 2006 benchmarks.

    Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
    bigal, Mar 28, 2006
  19. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ahhhh! I'm gonna steal that idea now!

    Oh, wait, I don't know anybody to have a lan party with, damn!

    The Modfather, Mar 28, 2006
  20. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Haha self-owned Modfather!!! :p

    Thats a good Idea Al :) make sure u patent it and Trade Mark it :p

    These Bench Marks are common:

    PCMark
    3DMark
    Aquamark (i neva use it)
    PiFast
    SiSoft Sandra (good for information and ""benchmark"" speeds of devices)
    Numerous Games (use Fraps for the Min FPS, Max FPS, Average FPS)

    unholy, Mar 29, 2006