    seems fine. History is fine.

    I'm kind of clueless to help him. I'm not sure what else to check.
    Thanks IA

    Doug, Sep 12, 2009

  2. Doug

    nimd4

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2009
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Belgrade, Serbia
    There's Firefox 3.5.3 out & you could always try setting up a new profile....
    Code:
    velocityreviews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=678830

    nimd4, Sep 12, 2009

  3. in the address bar type in about:config and click on
    the "I'll be careful, I promise" button, then look for
    this entry:

    privacy.clearOnShutdown.cookies

    once found, double click on it and change it to false.
    Restart FF. Did that work?

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 12, 2009
  4. Doug

    Doug Guest

    Nothing running that hasn't always. Spybot runs in background and AVG.
    Nothing else that would have anything to do with anything.When I go to tools - options - privacy and set it to "use custom
    settings for history" and then close tools, it reverts immediately to
    "Remember History". Cookies stay put until we close FF and are gone at
    restart.

    I updated my machine to same FF version as his and don't have the
    "remember history" problems. My settings stay put.

    Strange one.

    Doug, Sep 12, 2009
  5. Doug

    Doug Guest

    Dummy test profile seems to work just fine so it looks like you're
    narrowing it down. Seems to be a problem in the profile?
    Thanks for your tenacity.

    Doug, Sep 12, 2009
  6. Doug

    Doug Guest

    Disabled all extensions and still no cookies so guess that is ruled out.

    Doug, Sep 12, 2009
  7. Doug

    Doug Guest

    I was afraid we'd end up here. Son is 16 and a gamer so he's on it
    already. Will see how he does. I gave him your links and backed up a
    copy of the old profile just in case. Been at this to long not to do
    that. Appreciate the help and energy. Thanks Ed and Peter and Nigel. Son
    also mentioned, by the by, that when power came back on, FF tryed to get
    back to the session it was in when power went out. Hiccup! It happens.
    Back up Back up Back up. TA Doug

    Doug, Sep 12, 2009
  8. Doug

    Doug Guest

    And the word is "Hooray!" All is back in previous working order with a
    new profile and selective cut and paste of old bookmarks etc. Told him
    not to move anything that said "cookie". Thanks all.

    Doug, Sep 13, 2009
  9. Doug

    Doug Guest

    UPS has been on the round to it list for years, but not on the budget
    list. I know, they're cheap. Once a year is about it on power failures
    and this is the first time we've lost anything other than the cable TV
    menus on their box. Life goes on.

    Doug, Sep 14, 2009