Cookie Problem

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by PT, Oct 12, 2005.

  1. PT

    PT Guest

    I'm having a PayPal problem, which doesn't need description here. But
    PayPal's automated help sent me the following (abbreviated here) solution:

    ************************************

    This is because of your Mozilla browser. Have a great day.

    If you are having difficulty accessing your account using the Mozilla
    Browser, please follow the directions below. These steps

    How to clear cache and cookies:

    1. Click 'Edit' at the top of the browser
    2. Click 'Preferences' in the drop down menu
    3. On the left side Category 'tree' click the 'plus' sign to the left
    of 'Privacy & Security'

    *********************************

    The problem is that when I click the Mozilla Menu Bar Edit, there's no
    preferences option.

    I use Firefox 1.0.6. Please advise.

    PT, Oct 12, 2005

  2. PT

    wicked Guest

    Tools > options > Privacy

    wicked, Oct 12, 2005

  3. PT

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Umm, "Mozilla" is both the name of the non-profit organization that
    makes various software AND the common name of one of the programs.

    Mozilla Firefox = browser
    Mozilla Thunderbird = mail/news program
    Mozilla Suite = all-in-one integrated application commonly referred to
    as just "Mozilla" by many people

    They gave you instructions for The Suite (soon to be SeaMonkey from a
    group independent from Mozilla Foundation). In Firefox do:

    Tools - Options - Privacy.

    Note: Do not clear cookies as this will clear ALL cookies. Instead
    choose View Cookies. Search through the list and find any related to
    PayPal. Select them and click Remove Cookie.

    Ed Mullen, Oct 12, 2005