cookie handling - accept from domain or specific sub-domains ??

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by cookie-monster, Mar 4, 2005.

  1. thinking aloud here, so this may not make much sense...
    and is of arguable importance anyway

    I have set Firefox to block all cookies
    except those I am select to allow -
    most of which are "Allow For Session"

    er... the question would be clearer with an example:

    take a site like yahoo.com -
    a number of sub-domains that are visited regularly
    mail.yahoo.com
    games.yahoo.com
    profiles.yahoo.com
    < and so on >

    when selecting which cookie(s) to accept -
    is it better to select the parent site - yahoo.com
    which will thus accept a cookie from any of the
    sub-domains - *.yahoo.com

    or to specify the cookie for each of the sub-sites

    cookie-monster, Mar 4, 2005

  2. cookie-monster

    Big Will Guest

    I sent a reply to your other post, please don't multipost or post the
    same question several times in the same ng.

    Big Will, Mar 4, 2005

  3. The two were within a minute, he probably just double clicked Send by
    mistake.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 5, 2005
  4. cookie-monster

    Big Will Guest

    or perhaps tripple clicked, there's a third a minute later (which asks
    the same question but uses a different example).

    Big Will, Mar 5, 2005
  5. Okay, I guess I'm too nice a guy! ;)

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 5, 2005
  6. or perhaps tripple clicked, there's a third a minute later (which asks

    well, actually, if you want the exclusive...

    I sent 2 DIFFERENT questions - written in the same format

    if you think they are the same question,
    perhaps you need to re-read them

    one question got posted twice under 2 ids -
    the duplicate copy of which I sent a Cancel message on,
    within a minute or so of it being sent...

    I refuse to make an argument out of something so trivial

    have a nice day :)

    cookie-monster, Mar 5, 2005
  7. cookie-monster

    Big Will Guest