cookie handling - accept from domain or specific sub-domains ??

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by cookie-monster, Mar 4, 2005.

  1. thinking aloud here, so this may not make much sense...
    and is of arguable importance anyway

    I have set Firefox to block all cookies
    except those I am select to allow -
    most of which are "Allow For Session"

    er... the question would be clearer with an example:

    take a site like yahoo.com -
    a number of sub-domains that are visited regularly
    mail.yahoo.com
    games.yahoo.com
    profiles.yahoo.com
    < and so on >

    when selecting which cookie(s) to accept -
    is it better to select the parent site - yahoo.com
    which will thus accept a cookie from any of the
    sub-domains - *.yahoo.com

    or to specify the cookie for each of the sub-sites

    cookie-monster, Mar 4, 2005

  2. cookie-monster

    Big Will Guest

    You shouldn't have to really worry about cookies, as long as you clear
    them out when exiting (which thre is a setting in FF). If you're really
    concerned about cookies, then I'd suggest spywareblaster from
    www.javacoolsoftware.com, which blocks cookies comming from certain
    domains. If, however, you prefer to only allow certain cites to
    download cookies, then selecting the parent site should suffice. Also,
    please don't multipost or post more then once in the same newsgroup
    asking the same question.

    Big Will, Mar 4, 2005

  3. cookie-monster

    Moz Champion Guest

    Whats the big deal about cookies? Allow em all, and forget about it <g>

    Moz Champion, Mar 7, 2005