    called and where can I purchase it?

    Thanks so much in advance,
    Brandi~:)

    Brandi Clark, Feb 21, 2004

  2. Brandi Clark

    Richard C. Guest

    Just use the S-Video out on the DVD player to the S-Video in on the TV.

    That is the best you can do for now.

    ==========================
    : Hi everyone. I have a component video-capable DVD player but only composite
    : and s-video on my tv. When I purchased the tv a few years ago, component
    : tvs were pretty scarce, and even then, way out of my price range. What I
    : want to know is there a way to "make" your tv into component video? Is
    : there some sort of adaptor one could by, that would do this? I know there
    : are such things for coax hookups and the like, I just didn't know if one had
    : been created that would succesfully transmit a component video signal into
    : an composite or s-video input. Looking to tweak my tv. Is this possible?
    : Or if not, is anyone even working on this? And if it does exist, what is it
    : called and where can I purchase it?
    :
    : Thanks so much in advance,
    : Brandi~:)
    :
    :

    Richard C., Feb 21, 2004

  3. Brandi Clark

    Brandi Clark Guest

    I'm using an S-Video connect with Monster cable now. What about an A/V
    receiver with component input, S-Video output?

    Brandi Clark, Feb 21, 2004
  4. Brandi Clark

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    There is really no point in doing this. Just use the DVD player's
    S-video output instead.

    Joshua Zyber, Feb 21, 2004
  5. Brandi Clark

    John Howells Guest

    Well, yes, but it would be utterly pointless unless there were some other
    reason to do so. You've already got a component to s-video converter built
    into the DVD player, as the picture is stored as component on the disk, so
    all you'd do would be move the converter from one place to another. Of
    itself it would serve no useful purpose whatsoever.

    John Howells

    John Howells, Feb 21, 2004
  6. Brandi Clark

    Rich Clark Guest

    As has been pointed out, there is no point to this. Your TV's lack of
    component inputs is a permanent limitation.

    If you look at the images from a DVD player connected directly via s-video
    and you are dissatisfied, then it's time to be saving up for a new TV. Even
    if you had the technical skills to actually open up the TV and reqire it so
    that it *did* have component connections, you would not see sufficient
    improvement to make you satisfied.

    In other words, on an interlaced analog TV, the difference between s-video
    and component isn't that great.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Feb 21, 2004
  7. Brandi Clark

    Brandi Clark Guest

    Thanks for your advice everyone! I'm perfectly happy with my picture
    quality, actually...I was just curious. My next tv will have component
    inputs, hopefully, so I'll get to experience it for myself. Thanks again!

    Brandi Clark, Feb 21, 2004
  8. Brandi Clark

    Richard C. Guest

    If your TV only has S-video, then the best you can do at present is S-Video all the
    way.
    Use the S-Video input/output on the A/V receiver..................

    ====================
    : I'm using an S-Video connect with Monster cable now. What about an A/V
    : receiver with component input, S-Video output?
    :
    :
    : : > Just use the S-Video out on the DVD player to the S-Video in on the TV.
    : >
    : > ==========================
[...]
    : > :
    : > : Thanks so much in advance,