converting cisco sip phone to sccp

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by tg, Nov 28, 2008.

  1. tg

    tg Guest

    cisco 7940G ip phone

    regarding cisco document:
    http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/paws/5455/handset_to_sip.pdf
    Converting a Cisco 7940/7960 CallManager Phone to a SIP Phone and the
    Reverse Process:
    says - on page 8 under the heading:
    SIP Images 4.x/Earlier to SCCP Images 5.x/Earlier
    'If your current SIP image is 4.x or earlier, complete these steps in
    order to convert to the desired SCCP images 5.x or earlier:
    1.. Run the executable file in order to install the SCCP software.'

    'run the executable file' is a bit vague for me. Do they mean one of
    these two files?

    cmterm-7940-7960-sccp.8-0-1.exe
    cmterm-7940-7960-sccp.8-0-10.exe

    thanks for any help.