    to either wav or MP3 files?
    Thank you
    Gary

    Gary, Nov 26, 2006

  2. Gary

    Parko Guest

    Yes

    Parko, Nov 26, 2006

  3. Gary

    Shel-hed Guest

    http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/
    Used by many audioholics. Clean your CDs well first.
    Extracts to wav only afaik. You can use anything to convert to mp3 after.

    Shel-hed, Nov 26, 2006
  4. Gary

    thanatoid Guest

    cda "files" are just markers indicating wav files on the CD. You
    need to "extract" the wav files (there are dozens of programs to
    do this) and then you can convert them to any format you want
    etc.

    www.cdrfaq.org for all the info you or anyone could possibly
    need.

    thanatoid, Nov 26, 2006
  5. Actually, no. CDA files are just pointers to the WAV files on the CD.

    HOWEVER - if what you want to do is to rip the data off the CD as a WAV or
    MP3 file - sure! There's a lot of programs to do that.

    I have a personal preference for CDex (
    http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/download.html )

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Nov 26, 2006