    correct, I've used different converting software but keep having same
    results...any suggestions would be grateful thanks.

    Dave

    Dave, Aug 27, 2003

  2. Dave

    jeroen Guest

    have you looked at the guides at www.dvdrhelp.com ?
    also, what are you trying to play them with/on?

    jeroen, Aug 28, 2003

  3. Dave

    candeh Guest

    You can use a program called TMPGEnc, at
    http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html
    It does a lot more than just converting .AVI to .MPG, such as being
    able to add different sound streams, merge and cut various types of
    video, and one of my favorite features is the ability to convert those
    lousy .MOV files to .MPG. (and more)
    However, I think you need a plugin to do that.
    After a moment of searching, I found where you can get that too. It's
    at
    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/4942/svcd.html
    You'd want the MOV2AVI.exe file from that page for converting .MOV to
    ..MPG
    I guarantee you'll be pleased with TMPGEnc, once you figure out how to
    use it. Many times, in order to figure out what to do while running
    the software you have to hover your cursor over various fields for an
    explanation of what that particular field relates to.
    Hope I was of some help.

    candeh

    candeh, Aug 29, 2003
  4. Dave