    The files are in .vob format. Is there a simple, free utility which handles
    the conversion?

    Many thanks.

    Bob C, Mar 24, 2005

  2. Bob C

    Dave Lear Guest

    in message
    There's certainly plenty that will at least give you a free trial...
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=convert+vob+mpg+free

    Dave Lear, Mar 24, 2005

  3. Bob C

    Bob C Guest

    A colleague has re-recorded some old 8mm film onto DVD for
    Thank you. I was rather hoping for a recommendation rather than a link to a
    search engine.

    Bob C, Mar 24, 2005
  4. Bob C

    Flying Rat Guest

    1 click DVD ripper is a good piece of software for turning vob files
    into avi or mpeg etc

    http://www.soft32.com/download_26183.html

    free trial

    FR

    Flying Rat, Mar 24, 2005
  5. Bob C

    Bob C Guest

    A colleague has re-recorded some old 8mm film onto DVD for
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give it a go.

    Bob C, Mar 24, 2005
  6. Bob C

    Flying Rat Guest

    drop me a mail at flyingrat at gmail dot com and I'll point you in some
    other directions if you want (free directions...) worth a look

    FR

    Flying Rat, Mar 24, 2005