    counterpart on my own.

    I always encounter "Cannot install this hardware" with the "New Hardware
    Found Wizard"...

    Guest, Aug 18, 2005

  2. No, I'm afraid not. Unless you have access to the source code and are a
    driver developer.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 18, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    The lack of support from Canon for x64 makes me really mad! I have an i865
    printer and a 9900F scanner, both of which aren't supported. I emailed Canon
    about 6 weeks ago to ask about 64-bit driver development, and their answer
    was that the only printer they were planning to support was one of the higher
    end Pixmas. As far as scanners go, the 9950F (the model above mine) gets the
    x64 treatment. They had no plans to add further support, not even for their
    current Pixma range.

    I tried to install both drivers last night (in the hope that they might
    work) but they didn't.

    It's very frustrating. The only thing I can think of is for people to
    constantly bang off emails to Canon asking for drivers for their specific
    product. They might listen in the end, although my gut feeling is that they
    won't!

    Guest, Aug 18, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have a open source for the D-Link air DWL-520: is an IEEE 802.11b, Wi-Fi
    compatible wireless PCI adapter.
    Tell me how can convert. that´s important to conect my Wlan.

    Thanks at all-

    Guest, Aug 18, 2005
  5. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    If it comes with a 32-bit os you will be fine, if it has a 64-bit os you
    will need new drivers.

    John Barnes, Aug 18, 2005
  6. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Sort of like Microsoft, which hasn't done anything to get their hardware
    (mice and keyboards) to work properly on x64. With both you can get basic
    functions with generic drivers, but higher functions are missing. Cannon,
    likewise works okay with a generic driver, but won't print 4800 dpi if you
    need it. At least it prints.

    John Barnes, Aug 18, 2005
  7. John, you may just have solved one of my major headaches. You said 'basic
    functionallity', and here I'm sitting with a defunct Sidewinder - that isn't
    recognized at all, as it were. Do you suppose I could wring just the basest
    of all basic funtionallity out of it by letting it alias for something else?
    (Another joystick, of course!)

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 18, 2005
  8. Guest

    zekolas Guest

    Well look through the source code and port it to the AMD-64 Windows XP
    platform. You do know assembly and c++ right?

    zekolas, Aug 19, 2005
  9. I doubt it -- it's a bit different than the printer issue.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 19, 2005
  10. Guest

    Peter Foldes Guest

    evolution is in progress