    ISO or if I can download the trial and then convert it to the full version
    with our open license key?

    Thanks in advance.

    Guest, Nov 3, 2006

  2. You can't convert by changing the key, no. You would have to do an in-place
    upgrade. As for downloading an ISO - generally no. MSDN subscribers have
    that ability, as do some levels of TechNet, I believe.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 3, 2006

  3. You should be able to do a repair upgrade from the trial to the full
    licensed version when you are able to access it. If you promote it as a
    Domain Controller, I don't know if the upgrade will work then, maybe Charlie
    R. can shed more light on that aspect.

    Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin], Nov 3, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the information, guys. I just want to avoid having to install it
    twice if I can help it. A repair upgrade will enable me to license the
    server as a fully functional, non-expiring system? The server is a member,
    not a DC and is used as a VMWare host. Do you know if the repair upgrade
    will affect anything other than licensing mode/info?

    Thanks again!

    -Rob

    Guest, Nov 3, 2006
  5. A repair upgrade (in place upgrade) is a re-install. But it should save all
    your settings. It's your best bet at this point.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 3, 2006
  6. Yes, the repair upgrade will turn it into a fully licensed product that will
    never expire. According to Charlies post, it seems you can upgrade it even
    if its a DC or member.

    Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin], Nov 3, 2006
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Nov 3, 2006
  8. Thanks to Charlie.

    Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin], Nov 4, 2006
  9. Member? yes. DC? I would demote it first. Just in case.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 4, 2006