    I need to convert a text cell into date cell but reversing the format.
    It looks like 20051231 and it should be convert it to date because I need to
    use it on a chart as x axis.

    Guest, Nov 22, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Here's one solution:
    1. Put your original data in a hidden column (let's say "E")
    2. In another column, add the following format:
    =MID($E1,5,2) & "/" & MID($E1,7,2) & "/"& MID($E1,1,4)
    This will convert your yyyymmdd to mm/dd/yyyy for use in your chart.

    Hope this helps.

    Guest, Nov 22, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Larry,
    I should have thought of somthing on those lines.
    Thanks for the help. How can I rate your responce? I responded that your
    message was helpfull but I didn't ask me to scale it.

    thank again.

    dario,

    Guest, Nov 22, 2006