    kyote Guest

    How can I convert wma and wmv files to another format, like mp3 or
    mpg?

    kyote, Mar 5, 2004

  2. You need to locate a 3rd party software to assist with the file converions.
    There's PYRO, MusicMatch, and many others. I use Cakewalk PYRO 2004. If you
    want to spend the money the software is $29 at www.cakewalk.com and click
    "downloads". and you can download the program. It's very user friendly and
    you will like this software.

    Computer Doctor, Mar 6, 2004

  3. kyote

    kyote Guest

    Sorry, I was pretty unclear on details. I recently had to restore a
    friends computer. I backed up everything they wanted me to, including
    their music. They had well over 30 cd's ripped into .wma format and
    stored on their system. Stupid me thought .wma was just another form
    of compression like .mp3. To make a longer story shorter, I didn't
    back up their licenses and now they are looking at the prospect of
    having to rip all those cd's again.

    I've done some searching on google and found that apparently there are
    2 methods of cracking the current .wma copy protection. So far I can't
    find a usable one. So I was hoping someone might know where I could
    find some software that would allow me to convert these .wma files to
    mp3 so they don't have to worry about the licenses anymore? ltfb

    TIA

    kyote, Mar 6, 2004