  1. Can anyone recommend a good program for converting
    MP3 format to CDA - preferably free.

    Patrick

    Patrick FitzGerald, Apr 17, 2013

  2. Patrick FitzGerald

    victor Guest

    Burrrn
    imgburn
    Nero
    itunes
    Windows Media Player.

    victor, Apr 17, 2013

  3. Thank you

    Patrick

    Patrick FitzGerald, Apr 17, 2013
  4. Patrick FitzGerald

    victor Guest

    Its pcm, there's no re encoding.

    victor, Apr 17, 2013

  5. NOTE: Its all digital just does not happen.

    Frank Williams, Apr 17, 2013
  6. One other thing is I have MP3 CD with 5 CD's volumes on it, you cant
    move 5 CD volumes in wave format to a single CD.

    Best to get a MP3 CD player.

    Frank Williams, Apr 17, 2013
  7. Patrick FitzGerald, Apr 17, 2013
  8. Frank Williams, Apr 17, 2013
  9. Patrick FitzGerald

    victor Guest

    Interesting but irrelevant.
    The OP HAS mp3 files.
    He WANTS a CD, which IS PCM
    So there is just a decoding process.
    No transcoding, no re encoding, no loss.
    I don't know why you were telling him not to do it.

    victor, Apr 18, 2013
  10. Patrick FitzGerald

    Gordon Guest

    You decode a file to get it back to some useful for human interaction, ie
    music, probably in this case.

    Saving the file as some else does require "conversion", otherwise why is an
    MP3 file not the same as PCM?

    Just being picky ;-)

    Transcoding is decoding followed by encoding yes?

    Gordon, Apr 18, 2013
  11. Patrick FitzGerald

    victor Guest

    There is no lossy compression in the conversion process, so he wouldn't
    "lose a second bunch of sound quality with the re-encoding."
    It doesn't get converted to analogue audio then resampled, or re compressed

    victor, Apr 18, 2013
  12. Patrick FitzGerald

    Richard Guest

    Actually you do in the conversion of the floating point output of the
    MP3 decoder down to the 16 bit you need on the audio cd, depending on
    the source of the MP3 file. Doubt it will make much difference to most
    people but the dither to 16 bit is where you will find the difference
    between different converters.

    Then there is the sample rate conversion that may have to be applied as
    well, since audio cd's will only take 44.1kHz material.

    Richard, Apr 18, 2013
  13. Patrick FitzGerald

    rrockwell

    Joined:
    May 26, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Convert MP3 to CDA

    You really can not convert mp3 to cda because a "cda" file isn't really a file, but just a representation of the track on the audio cd. What you want to do is convert MP3 to a wav format. Which is easy to do. I searched google for "online audio converter". Then when you burn it to a cd it will show up as a CDA file.
    Hope that helps...

    Last edited: May 26, 2013
    rrockwell, May 26, 2013