    in g 729 and reroute to another in g 711, and all my trying faild.

    So have smb any ideas how can I do that?

    Thanks in advance,

    Andrew Rudas, Nov 26, 2003

  2. The thing you are trying to do is called 'transcoding', guess what kind
    of hardware is needed ;-)

    Arnold Ligtvoet, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Andrew Rudas

    Andrew Rudas Guest

    Thank you, anyway, can ccm make 'transcoding' without 'transcoders',
    just using it's software?

    And one question more. How to make ccm, proxy not only signaling but
    media stream also?

    Regards,

    Andrew Rudas, Nov 27, 2003
  4. Don't know. I've never tried it, but I've also never seen an option in
    ccm to enable this.
    I'm guessing you're in a nat environment? Probaly your clients are on
    the internet or some sort op public network and the ccm is behind a
    firewall ? In this case (or if the clients are in a natted network) you
    need a firewall solution that supports the type of gateway you intend to
    use. Look at the more professional firewalls
    (s/professional/expensive/g). I've also seen an h.323 conntrack module
    for iptables.

    You could also use a media terminator (ie. a box with media resources)
    and terminate all traffic there. In this case you would have to forward
    the UDP ports used for RTP traffic to the media terminator.

    Arnold Ligtvoet, Nov 27, 2003
  5. Andrew Rudas

    Andrew Rudas Guest

    I tried. And all attepts faild. :(
    Transcoding implements, only using dsp resourses of origination
    equipment, for example, Cisco Phone resourses.
    I know that for nating voice, PAT is need, but problem is only in
    convertion codecs, because if ccm can proxy media stream i think it
    will be a hope for possibility to convert codecs. :)

    Thanks for your answers and help,

    Andrew Rudas, Nov 28, 2003