    Juan Kerr Guest

    I have a load of .FLAC files and a damaged .CUE file so they will not burn.
    How can I convert the FLAC to MP3 ?

    Juan Kerr, Jun 20, 2009

  2. Juan Kerr

    Aratzio Guest

    Really, you cannot burn them without a cue file? Seriously?

    dbPowerAmp does a fine job of conversion.
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

    You can also just uncompress them to WAV and encode them to mp3 with
    whatever mp3 encoder you use, like Lame.

    Speek's FLAC fronend will uncompress to WAV for you with a drag & drop
    interface.
    http://members.home.nl/w.speek/flac.htm

    But the best place to ask about FLAC files would be in the
    alt.binaries.sounds.lossless newsgroup. You could also ask if someone
    there has the CUE files you need.

    Aratzio, Jun 20, 2009

  3. Juan Kerr

    thanatoid Guest

    Are you sure it's the CUE file that is bad, not the FLACs?

    There are programs that write a CUE file for you. Like the one
    from Goldenhawk. You can DL and it will do it for you - its only
    unpaid limitation is 1x burn speed, but you will use something
    else to burn anyway, I imagine.

    And there are dozens of music format converters out there. But
    why do you want to convert if you're going to burn FLAC anyway?
    And if the FLACs are damage3d, converting them to mp3 will not
    help. Depending on the damage, you may be able to convert to WAV
    and play around in a WAV editor like GoldWave.

    Google "(free) music format converter".

    thanatoid, Jun 20, 2009
  4. Juan Kerr

    83LowRider Guest

    I use Switch, which has a flac plug-in.
    Very small, easy... free.

    83LowRider, Jun 20, 2009
  5. Juan Kerr

    sandy58 Guest

    Total Audio Converter 3.0

    sandy58, Jun 20, 2009
  6. Juan Kerr

    Andy Guest

    I thought it was intentionally added for teh l33tness factor.

    A.

    Andy, Jun 21, 2009
  7. Juan Kerr

    Aratzio Guest

    E & 3 are next to each other. Usually a typo.

    Aratzio, Jun 21, 2009