    Please point me to a freeware program that will convert a cda file
    to a midi file.
    TIA

    none, May 15, 2006

  2. none

    beenthere Guest

    There is No software that will successfully convert audio files
    into Midi format.
    If you wish to create a Midi file, you need a Midi Editor,
    and type the notes in yourself.
    Then you assign instruments to the notes you`ve created.

    beenthere, May 15, 2006

  3. Any combination of a cd player program, yourself (especially ears and
    fingers) and a midi keyboard program - works best with a good midi
    keyboard, but sometimes as a crutch, a typewriter type keyboard might
    suffice - should do. Success largely depends upon the HMID (Human Music
    Interface Device) which has to handle the wav-to-midi transform.

    Walter Mautner, May 15, 2006
  4. none

    beenthere Guest

    That seems like a hard way of saying No, Walter. <g>.
    Mind you I did like the HMID.
    If you had added `input` it would have ended up as HMIDI.
    I like the idea of Human MIDI.

    beenthere, May 15, 2006
  5. none

    gangle Guest

    First convert the cda files on the CD to WAV files
    onto the hard drive ("ripping") using CDEX:
    http://cd-to-mp3.audiolaunch.com/cd-ripper/

    Then, convert the WAVS into midis using:
    http://www.digital-ear.com/digital-ear/index.asp
    (not free, but not everything you want that gets
    the job done can be)
    OR
    http://www.pluto.dti.ne.jp/~araki/amazingmidi/
    OR
    http://www.partnersinrhyme.com/windows_software/MuseBookWTM/MuseWTM.html

    Good luck, as the midi conversion is not an exact
    science type of thing.

    gangle, May 15, 2006
  6. none

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Not possible.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    Barry OGrady, May 16, 2006
  7. none

    Meat Plow Guest

    CDA -> WAV -> MIDI. Nothing free that I know of that will create a MIDI
    from a WAV file. And those that you pay for don't do a great job. Best to
    search for a MIDI composition of the song(s) you want done by a human
    musician.

    Meat Plow, May 16, 2006