    plays NTSC DVDs.

    Thanks.

    Bun Mui

    Bun Mui, Jan 15, 2005

  2. Bun Mui

    Joel Rubin Guest

    Is there a PAL / NTSC issue on DVD's? I thought they are all digital
    and the issue is that they have different regions encoded and some DVD
    players only play DVD's for a certain geographical region.

    For example, I believe that if you were to buy a DVD in Buenos Aires,
    where they use PAL, and take it to Chicago, where they use NTSC, it
    would work fine since both Argentina and the U.S. are in REGION ONE.

    But the Argentinian DVD wouldn't work in England or Germany where they
    also use PAL because Europe is REGION 2.

    Similarly, a DVD from France, where they use SECAM, would work fine in
    European PAL countries, but not in a SECAM country in another region.

    On the other hand, there are color TV standard issues on VHS tapes and
    all around ethnic neighborhoods in the U.S. you see shops where, among
    other things, they convert a PAL tape from the old country to the NTSC
    standard used in the U.S.

    Joel Rubin, Jan 15, 2005

  3. Bun Mui

    doS Guest