    Anything else?
    Searching the web for something better to use so far has turned up nothing
    of quality.

    nowhere man, Sep 29, 2003

  2. real media sucks monkey butts..

    Robert Larson, Sep 29, 2003

  3. nowhere man

    Rob Guest

    Real media is bad.

    Rob, Sep 29, 2003
  4. nowhere man

    Steve Guest

    Unfortunately RealMedia is the dominant media streaming format at the
    moment, but I would sugest avoiding it whenever possible. They have a very
    agressive marketing policy that pisses me off. Take a look at Ogg Vorbis -
    it is an up and comming media format that is open-source (doesn't have the
    licensing restrictions of other formats) and offers excellent quality. (I
    think it only handles audio at the moment, but I believe they are working on
    video formats).
    If you really must use Real Media, the best way seems to be to decode your
    file into an uncompressed format first, then use RealEncoder.

    Steve, Sep 30, 2003